You can use your Android or iOS device to set up your Invidyo camera. Follow the below steps to complete set up.
1.Download the Invidyo app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
2.Launch the app. You should now see the welcome screen.
3. Create an Invidyo Account by entering a valid e-mail address and a password. Next, re-enter your password and click "Sign Up" to create your Invidyo account.
Note-1:The password can be anything you wish to use with your invidyo account. It does not have to be the same as the password you use to login to your e-mail.
Note-2: Your password must have minimum 8 characters and must contain at least one upper-case, one lower-case letter and a number.
You can also use a Google or a Facebook account to login to Invidyo. Just click on the respective buttons to proceed with your social media account.
If you already have an Invidyo account, you don't need to create a new one. Just click LOGIN at the bottom of the screen and supply your existing credentials.
4. Now you need to choose your camera model. Currently we support two camera models. Just click on the image of the camera you have to proceed to the next step.
For the rest of this guide we will assume that you have chosen the INV 300 model (top one in the picture above) camera.
5. For IOS Devices (iPhones or iPads), your device needs to be connected to your home WI-FI network before you can proceed with the installation. Your camera will be connected to this same network by the end of the installation process.
In this step, which is only present for IOS Devices, you will see a screen prompting you to connect your mobile phone to your home WI-FI network before proceeding.
Note: For IOS applications you need to connect your phone to the wireless network that you wish your camera to connect to. If you are not connected to that wireless network when at this page, close the app, connect to the appropriate WIFI and re-launch the app
6. Now it is time to enter your WI-FI password. The WI-FI network that your mobile device is connected to will be automatically selected for you. Just enter the password for the selected WI-FI and proceed to the next step.
For Android devices, you can change the WI-FI network from the drop down menu. For IOS devices, the network can not be changed at this step. You need to connect your mobile device to the network that you want to connect the invidyo camera to connect to as described in the previous step.
7. Enter a name for your camera. An descriptive name like 'Babies Room' of 'Living Room' will help you identify the camera later
8. Connect your camera to the power outlet using the supplied adaptor. Now, wait until the camera says "Setup" - this can take up to 2 minutes after the camera has been powered up. The LED next to the power socket will start blinking green once the camera is ready for setup.
Note:Using a different adaptor might cause the failure of the setup procedure to fail as Invidyo camera requires a 2 Amps adaptor and most cell phone adapters are 1 amp.
Note:If you are setting up the older model camera model (the one shown at the bottom in the picture on Step 4.), you need to turn on the camera from the ON/OFF switch at the back. The camera will say "Please Show QR Code" instead of "Setup" once powered up.
Note: If your camera does not say "Setup" see the relevant troubleshooting guide:
9. You are now ready to instruct your invidyo camera to connect to your network with the password you supplied at the previous steps. For this, you will need to generate a QR code and show it to the camera. This screen will give you information on how to generate and show your QR code to the camera.
Once you click the generate QR Code button, a QR code containing your wireless network information will be generated as shown in the next step. Hold it at 4-6 inches from the camera. Make sure that the QR code on your mobile phone is clearly visible and there are no strong light sources that shine on the mobile phone screen or coming from the back.
10. Show the QR code to the camera as shown in the previous screen. The camera should say "OK" when it reads the QR code. You can proceed to the next step once you hear the cam say "OK"
Note: If your camera does not say "OK" when you show the QR code see the relevant help article:
Note: If the camera can not connect to your wireless network, it will say "Problem" and play a warning tone after a while. If the warning tone is a 3 distinct beeps, this means that you have entered your wireless password wrong. Go back to Step 6 and repeat the above steps. If the warning tone is a single beep please refer to the trouble shooting section for how to diagnose the problem:
Note: If you have MAC filtering activated in your router, the camera will not be able to connect to your network. Please add your cameras MAC address to the allowed list of MAC addresses.
11. You should now wait for up to 2 minutes while the camera connects to Invidyo servers and completes initialization.
12. Once setup is complete, you will see the blue halo on top of the camera image changes to green color and a button labeled "WATCH NOW" appears at the bottom of the screen. The set up is now complete. Click the"WATCH NOW" button to start watching your camera.